The UGBS library welcome you to its outstanding information resources for teaching, learning, and research. The library forms part of the University of Ghana Library System (UGLS) and can be accessed online for peer-reviewed literature, e-books as well as bibliographic data for print resources.
The subject scope of the School Library collection reflects the courses and programmes in the School. The Library has a rich collection in Accounting, Finance, Marketing and Entrepreneurship, Organization and Human Resources Management, Operations and Management Information Systems, Public Administration and Health Services Management. Other allied subject areas covered are Economics, Statistics and Social Psychology. Every effort is made to acquire all Ghana Government publications and others on Ghana with special reference to Management and Public Administration.
The mission of the UGBS Library is to achieve excellence in the provision and promotion of world-class business information services to support teaching, learning, research, and outreach programmes of UGBS using knowledgeable, competent, and experienced staff and state-of-the-art technology.
The vision of UGBS Library is to be the pivot of the teaching, learning and research activities of the school.
Objectives of the Library
The basic objectives of the UGBS Library are:
1. To acquire, organize, preserve, and disseminate books, periodicals and other library materials that support effective teaching, learning, research, and other outreach programmes of the School.
2. To provide the physical facilities and equipment to enhance the most effective use of the library resources in the school.
3. To teach library users the most effective and efficient use of the library and the resources.
4. To assist and cooperate with faculty members in their teaching, research, and other outreach programmes.
5. To cooperate with other libraries, in the University Community in particular, in resource sharing.
The UGBS Library has staff made up of Professionals and Paraprofessionals.
• Reference Services
• Lending Services (Staff only)
• Inter-Library loan Services
• User education.
There are internet-connected computers at various locations in the library for learning and research.
1. Silence must always be observed within the precincts of the library.
2. Readers must not bring into the reading areas attaché cases, handbags, folders. These items can be deposited on the counter at the security checkpoint.
3. MOBILE PHONES must be switched off in the Library premises.
4. Users leaving the Library must show to the security officer all books in their possession.
5. Patrons must co-operate with Library officials when the need arises for body checks to be made.
6. SMOKING is forbidden in all parts of the library
7. FOOD (including sweets and groundnuts) is not allowed in the Library.
8. Great care must be taken of Library Books and they must not be defiled in any way. Patrons will be held responsible for any damage to a book while in their possession.
9. Library Offences/ Sanctions. The following sanctions shall be applied to these offences – (a) Loss or misplacement of books and related materials. A member who commits this offence shall be liable to pay the current price of the book, plus a service charge. (b) Unlawful acquisition of books and other related materials. A member who commits this offence shall be dismissed from the University. (c) Mutilation of books. Without regard to the category of books mutilated, a member who commits this offence shall be dismissed from the University.
10. Permission to use the Library may be withdrawn by the Dean or the Librarian from any reader for breach of the rules in force at the time, or for any other cause that may appear to the Dean or the Librarian to be sufficient.
The UGBS Library Users comprise Students, Academic Staff, and other members of the University community. Other members of the public are to obtain permission from the Librarian.
Semester Opening Hours
Monday – Friday 8.30am- 10.00pm
Saturday 8.00am – 6:00pm
Sunday 1.00pm- 6.00pm (examination week)
Monday – Friday 8.30am- 6.00pm
8.30am- 11.00pm (examination week)
Monday – Friday 8.30am- 5.00pm
Monday – Friday 8.30am- 6.00pm
8.30am- 9.00pm (examination period)
Saturday 8.30am- 6.00pm
8.30am- 9.00pm (examination week)
Office: Room 33.
copyright © 2016 University of Ghana Business School. All Rights Reserved